For more than 75 years, we have celebrated National Boys & Girls Club Week by recognizing the invaluable service Clubs bring to communities. National Boys & Girls Club Week shines a spotlight on the 61,000 caring, trained youth development professionals who mentor kids and teens every day in 4,300 Clubs across the nation.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington celebrated National Boys & Girls Club Week with a fun-filled week of events focusing on our five core areas: The Arts, Health & Life Skills, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Character & Leadership Development, Education, Technology and Career Development.
The events took place between our 12 Clubs around the Greater Washington area. See how we celebrated below:
Monday, April 9th – Regional Iron Chef Competitions
Tuesday, April 10th – Spelling Bee including all of the Greater Washington Clubs
Wednesday, April 11th – “Fun with a Purpose,” focusing on sports and recreation
Thursday, April 12th – “The Me I Hope to Be,” kickoff with the Junior Youth of the Year
Friday, April 13th – “Express Yourself,” celebrating all things art and creativity
Some of the notable events included Spring Olympics, Obstacle Course Challenge, Anti-Bullying and Safety training, Artistic Expression and more!
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has twelve locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- Lion King Kids: More than a Musical!
- President Obama and Club Members Search for Nature’s Treasures
- Top 5 Qualities to Look for in a Summer Camp for Your Child
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington Announces $6.8 Million Gift from MacKenzie Scott
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON INTRODUCES FREE PROGRAMMING FOR PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY SCHOOLS
- BGCGW names Arts Center in honor of board member and Women’s Leadership Group (WLG) Founder & Chairman, Patty Perkins Andringa