LaMar is a quiet, bright 12 year-old who attends the Martin K. Alloy Club in Manassas. Since joining the Club, LaMar has immersed himself in the Club’s STEM programming including Lego robotics and the Pepco STEM Club. These activities have allowed him to further explore his passion for science, technology and engineering. He hopes to one day pursue a career in engineering.
In addition to fueling his academic interests, his involvement in the Boys & Girls Clubs has provided him with opportunities to develop his leadership skills. Club staff describe LaMar as a “natural born leader who takes pride in his work.”
When asked about the impact the Club has had on his life LaMar says, “Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington has made my future possible.”
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has twelve locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- BlueFest Spotlight: Pat Blackburn
- Lion King Kids: More than a Musical!
- President Obama and Club Members Search for Nature’s Treasures
- Top 5 Qualities to Look for in a Summer Camp for Your Child
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington Announces $6.8 Million Gift from MacKenzie Scott
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON INTRODUCES FREE PROGRAMMING FOR PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY SCHOOLS