The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington (BGCGW) invites the community to a ribbon cutting ceremony unveiling the new community and reading rooms at The Richard England Clubhouse 14 in Washington, D.C. Sponsored by the Lois and Richard England Family Foundation, the rooms will provide more 400 Club members with access to a literacy-enriched environment to develop their reading skills and promote leisure reading as a way of unlocking their full potential. The reading and community rooms will serve not only Club members, but their families as well providing access to educational resources and technology. The ribbon cutting will honor its former President & CEO, Pandit Wright. Wright served BGCGW for over 17 years; first as a board member and, then, as President & CEO.
Richard England Clubhouse 14
4103 Benning Road NE
Sept. 8 from 6 to 7 p.m.
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has twelve locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- GIANT FOOD PARTNERS WITH BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON FOR GIVING TUESDAY
- DOUG FIRSTENBERG, FOUNDING PRINCIPAL OF STONEBRIDGE HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANGELA ALSOBROOKS, COUNTY EXECUTIVE of PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- SUZANNE HILLMAN, PRESIDENT & CEO of SOUTHERN MANAGEMENT COMPANIES HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANNUAL BLUE FEST FUNDRAISER BRINGS THE FUN AND FOOD TO CLUB SUPPORTERS
- Alumni Spotlight: Carla Grant-Pickens