NBA Los Angeles Lakers Center and BGCGW alumnus, Roy Hibbert, Jr., is committed to the academic achievement of young people. Through his Foundation, Roy has donated $25,000 in support of the BGCGW Youth of the Year (YOY) program. YOY is a nationally recognized initiative designed to promote and acknowledge young people’s service to their Club and community, good academic performance and their contributions to family and spiritual life. The Roy Hibbert, Jr. Foundation joins long-time partner, GEICO, in providing mentoring opportunities, scholarships, training & development, technology tools and transportation & lodging to youth participating in this strategic program.
Take a minute to hear about Roy’s experience and how BGCGW helped him along his journey.
We appreciate our generous Youth of the Year sponsors! THANK YOU!!
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington has fifteen locations throughout the Washington, DC region. Visit a Club page below, or find a Club near you!
District of Columbia
- FBR Club @THEARC
- George M. Ferris, Jr. Clubhouse 6
- Jelleff Community Center
- Richard England Clubhouse 14
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington Receives Unprecedented $10 Million Gift from Local Philanthropist.
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON AND WEGMANS SUPERMARKETS PREPARE KIDS FOR SUMMER WITH BETTER NUTRITION INFORMATION
- BGCGW PRESIDENT & CEO NAMED WASHINGTONIAN OF THE YEAR
- GREATER WASHINGTON CLUB KID EARNS NATIONAL TITLE, $50,000 SCHOLARSHIP + CAR
- BlueFest Spotlight: Pat Blackburn
- Lion King Kids: More than a Musical!