NBA Los Angeles Lakers Center and BGCGW alumnus, Roy Hibbert, Jr., is committed to the academic achievement of young people. Through his Foundation, Roy has donated $25,000 in support of the BGCGW Youth of the Year (YOY) program. YOY is a nationally recognized initiative designed to promote and acknowledge young people’s service to their Club and community, good academic performance and their contributions to family and spiritual life. The Roy Hibbert, Jr. Foundation joins long-time partner, GEICO, in providing mentoring opportunities, scholarships, training & development, technology tools and transportation & lodging to youth participating in this strategic program.
Take a minute to hear about Roy’s experience and how BGCGW helped him along his journey.
We appreciate our generous Youth of the Year sponsors! THANK YOU!!
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has twelve locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- DOUG FIRSTENBERG, FOUNDING PRINCIPAL OF STONEBRIDGE HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANGELA ALSOBROOKS, COUNTY EXECUTIVE of PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- SUZANNE HILLMAN, PRESIDENT & CEO of SOUTHERN MANAGEMENT COMPANIES HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANNUAL BLUE FEST FUNDRAISER BRINGS THE FUN AND FOOD TO CLUB SUPPORTERS
- Alumni Spotlight: Carla Grant-Pickens
- BGCGW Has a New Website