Did you know that while kids are hanging around at home or the pool over the summer, they are losing two months of grade level learning in math skills? Or, that children at high risk of obesity gain weight more rapidly when they are out of school during summer break?
To fight summer learning loss, BGCGW hosted more than 1000 boys and girls for our annual academic enrichment programs. More than 50% of our Clubs utilized Boys & Girls Clubs proprietary Summer Brain Gain curriculum.
We’re thrilled to announce that our summer book clubs were popular throughout all our camps. At one site, 20 members ages 5-10 read over 200 books this summer! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.
In addition to our academic programs, Club kids participated in fun fitness challenges and sporting activities.
Check out some of this summer’s highlights: BGCGW Summer Recap
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has twelve locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- DOUG FIRSTENBERG, FOUNDING PRINCIPAL OF STONEBRIDGE HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANGELA ALSOBROOKS, COUNTY EXECUTIVE of PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- SUZANNE HILLMAN, PRESIDENT & CEO of SOUTHERN MANAGEMENT COMPANIES HONORED BY 2021 YOUTH IN REAL ESTATE
- ANNUAL BLUE FEST FUNDRAISER BRINGS THE FUN AND FOOD TO CLUB SUPPORTERS
- Alumni Spotlight: Carla Grant-Pickens
- BGCGW Has a New Website