This week Washingtonian, a DC staple is celebrating it’s 50th Anniversary. As part of the celebration the magazine is donating $50,000 to five local charities and Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington is one of those recipients.
The $10,000 donation has been earmarked to funding training and professional growth for our dedicated BGCGW staff. BGCGW currently employs 87 full-time and 97 part-time staff members who work to develop and run our innovative programing, serve as mentors to our Club, work with partners and donors and everything in between that is required to keep the doors open and the lights on.
At BGCGW we like to say that our staff is our “special sauce,” they are why we are able to make the difference in the lives of 12,000 area youth each year!
A big thanks to Washingtonian Magazine for your support of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington and Happy 50th Birthday!
We serve kids and teens through an adopted strategy created by our National Headquarters to ensure Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Boys and Girls Club has fifteen locations throughout the Greater Washington region. Visit a club page below, or find a club near you!
District of Columbia
- FBR Club @THEARC
- George M. Ferris, Jr.
- Jelleff Community Center
- Richard England
Here are just a few ways to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington. From volunteers to event sponsorships and program funding, we rely on the support of people and organizations like you.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington Receives Unprecedented $10 Million Gift from Local Philanthropist.
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER WASHINGTON AND WEGMANS SUPERMARKETS PREPARE KIDS FOR SUMMER WITH BETTER NUTRITION INFORMATION
- BGCGW PRESIDENT & CEO NAMED WASHINGTONIAN OF THE YEAR
- GREATER WASHINGTON CLUB KID EARNS NATIONAL TITLE, $50,000 SCHOLARSHIP + CAR
- BlueFest Spotlight: Pat Blackburn
- Lion King Kids: More than a Musical!